FLexible Interchange Programme (FLIP)
FLIP is currently suspended until further notice.
Our FLexible Interchange Programme (FLIP) supports the movement of people from one environment to a different one to exchange knowledge/technology/skills, developing bioscience research/researchers and addressing our strategic priorities.
FLIP awards provide flexible opportunities for individuals ("the interchangers") moving between different organisations, disciplines and sectors at all stages in their career beyond the PhD (or equivalent). Each FLIP award must look to develop an area of bioscience directly related to an awarded BBSRC grant.
FLIP aims to:
- enhance opportunities for the exchange of knowledge, technology and people between the research base and user communities and vice versa for economic and/or societal benefit
- facilitate the development of partnerships to foster longer-term collaborations, thereby maximising the impact of previously-funded BBSRC research
- allow for an expansion of the skill base of individuals, particularly in emerging, niche and vulnerable areas alongside our strategic priorities
Awards will typically:
- last up to 24 months
- cost up to £150k in total at 80% fEC
- be undertaken on a full-time, part-time or intermittent basis
- cover a contribution to the salary of the interchangers, reasonable travel and subsistence and costs associated with the interchange
Applications outside these ranges will be considered with full justification. At present, two calls are held per year, and grants are awarded through highly competitive peer review.
Applications should be submitted by the advertised deadline via the Je-S system. Please refer to the Funding page for call details, help text and FAQs.