Our Media Office communicates and promotes the work of BBSRC and the world-class bioscience that we fund.
The Media Office issues press releases and statements, answers media enquiries, provides expert contacts across UK bioscience, finds and supplies image and video, holds media briefings, publishes news articles and arranges interviews with researchers.
- Head of External Communications: Jools Granville, 01793 442124, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Senior Communications Manager: Kristin Shives, 01793 442884, email@example.com
- Communications Officer: Paul Langcaster, 01793 413384, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Communications Officer: Natasha Stanton, 01793 413296, email@example.com
- General enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC) is part of UK Research and Innovation, a non-departmental public body funded by a grant-in-aid from the UK government.
BBSRC invests in world-class bioscience research and training on behalf of the UK public. Our aim is to further scientific knowledge, to promote economic growth, wealth and job creation and to improve quality of life in the UK and beyond.
Funded by government, BBSRC invested £469 million in world-class bioscience in 2016-17. We support research and training in universities and strategically funded institutes. BBSRC research and the people we fund are helping society to meet major challenges, including food security, green energy and healthier, longer lives. Our investments underpin important UK economic sectors, such as farming, food, industrial biotechnology and pharmaceuticals.