UKRI-BBSRC Fellowship Review Workshop
UKRI-BBSRC is currently carrying out a review of its Fellowship programmes. As part of this review, UKRI-BBSRC will be running a workshop to identify gaps in provision in the Bioscience careers pipeline and developing options to inform future talent investment.
The workshop will begin with brief presentations of the current landscape before moving to facilitated discussion and exploration of the issues. A detailed workshop agenda will be confirmed closer to the date.
Applications to participate in the workshop are welcome from across the bioscience research and innovation community. We particularly welcome individuals with experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Development of strategy for fellowships or a related area
- Assessment of applications for research fellowships
- Mentoring, coaching, professional development and/or management of research fellows
- Research leadership within either academic or elsewhere
How to register
If you wish to participate in the workshop, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 January 2020.
- A brief professional profile
- Explain why the event interests you and the contribution that you hope to make.
Places are limited to 25 participants and we aim to have a balanced group of attendees with a breadth of interests and expertise relevant to BBSRC’s support for Skills and Careers.
We will use the following criteria when determining participants for the fellowship workshop:
- Balance of sectoral representation
- Geographical balance
- Balance and relevance of expertise
- Equality, diversity and inclusion considerations
Selection of participants will be undertaken by UKRI-BBSRC with the outcome notified by mid-February 2020. A proportion of attendees will be invited directly.