BBSRC review of data-intensive bioscience: community workshops
BBSRC is organising this event.
BBSRC is conducting a review of data-intensive bioscience research in 2019. For more information, see: Review of data-intensive bioscience.
The outputs of the workshops will be considered by the Expert Working Group that will make recommendations to BBSRC. We aim to publish the review report early next year.
The workshops are expected to consist of a mixture of presentations and facilitated discussions to explore key issues identified through the community questionnaire in greater depth.
A detailed workshop agenda will be confirmed closer to the date.
How to register
The deadline for expressions of interest is 28 June 2019
The KeySurvey form contains the following sections:
- Brief applicant biography
- Professional activities
- Why this event interests you and what contribution you hope to make
- Workshop preference
Applications to participate in the workshops are welcome from across the bioscience research and innovation community. For each workshop we aim to invite a diverse group of participants, ensuring the breadth of interests and expertise relevant to the review and BBSRC’s mission is represented.
The number of participants from a given institution may have to be restricted in the event of multiple applications from the same institution.
Places are limited to approximately 60 participants per workshop. We will use the following criteria when determining participants for each workshop:
- Relevance of research interests
- Vision for individual contribution and benefits from participating in this workshop
- Balance of research interests across the participants
- Balance of representation across career stages and roles
- Balance of organisations and departments
- Equality, diversity and inclusion considerations will inform the selection
- Although not anticipated, we reserve the right to invite additional participants directly.
- Selection of participants will be undertaken by BBSRC.
Although not anticipated, we reserve the right to invite additional participants directly.
Selection of participants will be undertaken by BBSRC with the outcome notified by 12 July 2019.
Please note: We are unable to provide travel and subsistence costs for participants, though lunch and refreshments will be provided