Taiwan-UK International Partnering Awards
Call status: Closed
Previous call: 11 September 2017 - 16 November 2017
These awards will be co-funded by BBSRC and the Ministry of Science and Technology, Taiwan (MOST).
- To set up partnership links between UK and Taiwan laboratories
- To promote the exchange of scientists, particularly early career scientists
- To promote access to facilities
- To enhance food security; bioenergy and industrial biotechnology and basic bioscience underpinning health research in the UK and Taiwan.
- Funds can only be used for travel, subsistence and other activities, such as workshops or exchanges. They are not to fund salary costs, consumables, items of equipment or other research costs, nor to link ongoing single collaborative projects
- Partnerships of up to two years are co-supported. In each partnering award, BBSRC will fund up to £25,000 over two years for the UK partners and MOST will fund up to NTD 1,200,000 for the Taiwan partners. Please read the guidelines for eligible costs
- Successful awards should aim to start from April 2018.
Applications are reviewed internally against the following criteria:
- The relevance of the award and benefit that this will bring to BBSRC
- The benefits brought back to the UK; for example through access to new facilities or unique partnerships that would have been otherwise unavailable
- The uniqueness of the opportunity to work with international partners in ways that would otherwise be unavailable
- The level of contribution (either financial or in-kind) from the UK institution or the overseas partner
- The opportunities for the exchange of scientists, with a balance of activities that are appropriate to the topic area
- The opportunities for early career researchers that will benefit their future career.
- Open to current BBSRC research grant holders and researchers employed at National Institutes of Bioscience who are in receipt of BBSRC funding
- Consortia of academics may apply, with one person acting as the lead.
How to apply
This call is closed to applications.
- Read the guidance and regulation notes
- Complete an online application through Je-S.