Sustainable Agriculture and Food Innovation Platform
Call status: Closed
Previous call: 26 September 2014 – 12 February 2015
- Innovate UK
- Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (Defra)
Funding total and number of projects funded
To help UK businesses to develop innovative technologies, production systems and supply chain solutions to increase the productivity of the agri-food sector while reducing its environmental impact.
To address one or more of the following high-level challenges:
- a reduction in the production of waste in the food and drink supply chain
- more efficient use of resources such as energy, water and raw materials
- improvement in productivity of food and drink manufacturing and (re)processing operations
- improvement in the resilience of the food and drink supply chain by making better use of resources, reducing environmental stresses on food systems and assuring food quality.
A range of approaches was expected to these challenges.