Japan Partnering Awards
Call status: Closed
Next call: 2019 TBC
Previous call: 10 September 2018 - 15 November 2018
- To set up partnership links between UK and overseas laboratories
- To promote the exchange of scientists, particularly early career scientists
- To promote access to facilities.
- Funds can only be used for travel, subsistence and other activities, such as workshops or exchanges. They are not to fund salary costs, consumables, items of equipment or other research costs, nor to link ongoing single collaborative projects
- Successful awards should aim to start from April 2019
- Typically up to £50,000 over a four year period to the UK partners for partnerships with one or more Japanese equivalents
- Research groups should try and access other sources of funding in addition to the Partnering Award
- Japanese partners may wish to explore mutual funding from the following agencies:
- Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS)
Applications are reviewed internally against the following criteria:
- The relevance of the award and benefit that this will bring to BBSRC
- The benefits brought back to the UK; for example through access to new facilities or unique partnerships that would have been otherwise unavailable
- The uniqueness of the opportunity to work with international partners in ways that would otherwise be unavailable
- The level of contribution (either financial or in-kind) from the UK institution or the overseas partner
- The opportunities for the exchange of scientists, with a balance of activities that are appropriate to the topic area
- The opportunities for early career researchers that will benefit their future career.
- Open to current BBSRC research grant holders and researchers employed at National Institutes of Bioscience who are in receipt of BBSRC funding
- UK consortia of academics may apply, with one person acting as the lead.
How to apply
This call is closed to applications.
- Read the guidance and regulation notes
- Complete an online application through the Je-S system.