Call status: Closed
Previous call: 10 September 2018 - 15 November 2018
- To stimulate joint working in topics important to BBSRC’s strategy
- To match numbers of scientists from the UK with other countries to identify areas of commonality and explore the potential for international collaboration
- To receive applications involving collaborations with any other country, although we are particularly interested in promoting further links with Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, EU Member States, India, Japan, New Zealand, Taiwan and the USA.
- Around eight awards each year, of up to £10,000 each
- The workshop can be held overseas or in the UK
- Successful awards should aim to start from April 2019.
Your application could include:
- A review of the current status of research in a specific area from each country
- Identification of topics that could benefit from collaboration between the participants
- Identification of the means for subsequent development of such collaboration
- An agreed action plan for implementation.
Applications are reviewed internally by BBSRC against the following criteria:
- The value added to BBSRC science from the workshop
- Alignment of the workshop to current BBSRC strategic priorities
- The expected output of the workshop
- The level of contribution made towards the workshop from other sources.
- Open to current BBSRC research grant holders and researchers employed at BBSRC sponsored institutes who are in receipt of BBSRC funding
- Consortia of academics may apply, with one person acting as the lead.
How to apply
This call is closed to applications.
- Read the guidance and regulation notes
- Complete an online application through the Je-S system.
Application downloads (for reference only)
International Workshops: Guidance notes (PDF 310KB)
You may need to download additional plug-ins to open this file.