Impact Acceleration Accounts 2017 (17IAA)
Call status: Closed
Previous call: 21 August 2017 - 18 October 2017
Research Organisations (ROs) in receipt of substantial levels of investment from BBSRC have been invited to apply for Impact Acceleration Accounts (IAAs). IAAs introduce agility and flexibility for ROs who are empowered to take strategic-level decisions about how best to invest IAA funding within their specific context. This includes the opportunity to build upon, across and between individual projects to progress research outputs and outcomes towards impact.
We will be awarding up to 15 IAAs with a duration of three years and a total investment of £4.5 million.
Research councils using the IAA mechanism have agreed to the following common IAA objectives:
- strengthen user engagement
- strengthen the exchange of knowledge through culture and capability development, including through the development of skills for KE activity
- supporting knowledge exchange and commercialisation at early stages of progressing research outputs and outcomes to the point when they would be supported by other funding
- supporting new, innovative and imaginative approaches to KE and impact, including processes that enable "fast failure" and appropriate learning
- supporting activities that enable impact to be achieved in an effective and timely manner, including secondments and people exchange.
We encourage the development of creative and innovative approaches to accelerating impact. Please see external links for more information.
How to apply
The call for applications is closed.
Eligible organisations will be required to complete the research council IAA business plan template and submit through email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 18 October 2017, 16:00.