Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund: Transforming Food Production
Call status: Closed
Previous call: 20 August 2018 - 24 October 2018
UK Research and Innovation, through the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund, will invest up to £20 million in innovation projects. These must improve productivity and sustainability by developing enhanced decisions support, precision agriculture technology solutions and systems for crop and ruminant agriculture.
Projects can include:
- combining digital technologies and engineering solutions with biological, environmental and/or social science
- developing technologies and solutions that connect farms and supply chains
- transferring technology from another sector into agriculture, providing this requires innovation.
We will fund two types of projects:
- productivity solutions to a single challenge
- supply chain solutions involving multiple interventions.
Projects must be business-led.
Projects with total costs of:
- under £100,000 can be single or collaborative but must be led by an SME
- £100,000 or more must be collaborative and involve an SME.
For productivity solutions total project costs can be up to £2 million. For supply chain solutions they can be up to £5 million.
Projects must start by 1 April 2019, end by 31 March 2022 and can last up to 36 months.
How to apply
This call is closed to applications.
For further information, scope, eligibility and application details see: GOV.UK: Productive and sustainable crop and ruminant agricultural systems.
|Call opens||20 August 2018|
|Briefing event||29 August 2018|
|Application deadline||24 October 2018, 12:00|
|Applicants notified||7 December 2018|