Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund: Transforming Food Production
Call status: Open
Application deadline: 24 October 2018, 12:00
UK Research and Innovation, through the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund, will invest up to £20 million in innovation projects. These must improve productivity and sustainability by developing enhanced decisions support, precision agriculture technology solutions and systems for crop and ruminant agriculture.
Projects can include:
- combining digital technologies and engineering solutions with biological, environmental and/or social science
- developing technologies and solutions that connect farms and supply chains
- transferring technology from another sector into agriculture, providing this requires innovation.
We will fund two types of projects:
- productivity solutions to a single challenge
- supply chain solutions involving multiple interventions.
Projects must be business-led.
Projects with total costs of:
- under £100,000 can be single or collaborative but must be led by an SME
- £100,000 or more must be collaborative and involve an SME.
For productivity solutions total project costs can be up to £2 million. For supply chain solutions they can be up to £5 million.
Projects must start by 1 April 2019, end by 31 March 2022 and can last up to 36 months.
How to apply
For further information, scope, eligibility and application details see: GOV.UK: Productive and sustainable crop and ruminant agricultural systems.
|Call opens||20 August 2018|
|Briefing event||29 August 2018|
|Application deadline||24 October 2018, 12:00|
|Applicants notified||7 December 2018|