Clippy Island – investigation into natural selection
A selection of activities suitable for Key Stage 4 (ages 12-14) students investigating natural selection.
- To understand that organisms show natural variation within a population
- To understand that species characteristics can change over periods of time
- To understand that natural selection is the main mechanism which drives evolution
- To know that natural selection acts on individuals and that populations evolve
- To understand that adaptations are controlled by genes, and that these genes are passed from parent to offspring
Developed by a team of scientists, curators and educators from The University of Manchester and The Manchester Museum.